• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How do i do a factory reset?

This is a discussion on How do i do a factory reset? within the HTC Thunderbolt FAQs forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; I am wondering how to do a factory reset on my Thunderbolt. I would also like to format the the card and just start fresh. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tallica

Thread: How do i do a factory reset?

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do i do a factory reset?

I am wondering how to do a factory reset on my Thunderbolt. I would also like to format the the card and just start fresh. I want to do this cause I've had my phone for almost a week now and think it would be easier to.set it up correctly now that I have an idea of how it all works and how I want it set up.
    A couple questions....
    Should I pull the sim card then format my SD card then do a factory reset, or In what order should this be done.
    Is there a link to the steps involved in a factory reset, I have no idea how to do it yet?
    What sync options should I choose when resyncing my contacts, I don't want to end up with 3 and 4 of each person again, that's one on the main reasons I want to start over. I just want phone number,sms,and Facebook synced I don't much care for email, besides it should be available from the Facebook portion if they have it in their profile there. I don't understand the Google push contact thing and figure that's not for me anyway since I dont care about the emails.

Any help with this would be awesome as I love my phone and can't wait to set it up correctly.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by MDROID2G; 05-25-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Um... I didn't understand any of what you just said.

*RS Leader*
    Member #
    Liked
    208 times
    Factory reset is done by going to settings>sd & phone storage>factory data reset. This will not touch your sd or simcard, (they can stay in the phone) just everything stored in the phones memory.

To format the sd card it is in the same spot: settings>sd & phone storage>unmount sd card>format sd card. Make a backup of your card on your pc 1st!

Before you resign in to google on your phone go through your google contacts on your PC, make sure they are set up correctly and there are no duplicates there.

After you sign in to google on your phone then you can sign into FB and have your contacts linked with their FB profiles.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just reading the thread, quick question when backing up sd card on your computer, I just backed up music, videos, and pics. shouldnt everything else automatically restore when you sync with android market?

Ads