• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How Do I Move Photos to the SD Card off the Main Memory?

This is a discussion on How Do I Move Photos to the SD Card off the Main Memory? within the HTC Thunderbolt Help forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; I loaded about 5GB worth of photos onto my Thunderbolt but; I noticed the photos downloaded into the phones main memory. Now, with as 32GB ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How Do I Move Photos to the SD Card off the Main Memory?

I loaded about 5GB worth of photos onto my Thunderbolt but; I noticed the photos downloaded into the phones main memory. Now, with as 32GB mini-SD card available the logical thing is to move the photos to the SD Card. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I did download the Thunderbolt manual from Verizon but, haven't had a chance to read it and Verizon Tech support did not know how to do it. (another issue-Visual Voice-mail - there's a major glitch with it). Can anyone help with this task?

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't think you loaded them onto the phones main memory, for some reason HTC is only letting us access like 2-3gb of the phones memory. So there is no way you would have been able to load 5GB of photos on there.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I screwed up here, ouch! I put 1.61 GB onto the Thunderbolt inside the DCIM folder and had multiple folders named for each category or individual. Because of this, I was pretty sure the photos were residing in main memory because I saw nothing that indicated the SD Card. When I checked to see how much memory was left the SD Card showed just over 29GB which sounds about right since you never get the advertised size not even with HHDs. The Thuderbolt showed at 2.6GB of Free Memory. I'm not sure but, I still believe the photos reside in main memory. Anyone else have an opinion on this or a possible solution?

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all...i have the new thunderbolt and its great, have a question pertaining to sd card , how do you view the contents of the card, i have nothing installed on the card yet does that matter.Do i need an app to view the card? Please help. Thanks

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    First to the poster that asks how to view the SD card.... the best way is to mount the TB to your computer via the USB cord. You can also look at the folders and titles of items on your sd card through Astro File Manager which you can find in the Market for free.

As to the OP, I would mount your TB and see if your pictures are all on the sd card. What told you that the pictures downloaded to the internal memory?? When you look at your available space for the phone and the sd card what kind of numbers do you see? I believe the internal memory is 8gb and the card is 32 gb. I have a funny feeling the pictures are actually on the sd card. Unless you are rooted when you mount your TB to transfer the pictures all you can access is the sd card not the internal drive, that is what root does, gives you access to your internal drive. So double check your sd card by mounting the TB to your computer and explore the sd card.

XOOM - rooted
    THUNDERBOLT - rooted!!

Battery drain tips/suggestions: http://www.thunderboltforums.com/for...ggestions.html
    Also come visit us at our sister forum http://www.droidforums.net/

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply dlwhtrose , so mounting tb to pc via usb is the only way besides through astro..."which i downloaded and works perfectly", to view contents of sd card . this is the first phone i have had that you couldn't view sd card right from your phone or go to a folder like "files" to view it instead of downloading an app . Why would they do that? ....just sayin....thanks again for the help.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Download an app called astro file manager, or any other file manager. Then you can access your files just like on a computer.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle4u85 View Post
    Thanks for the reply dlwhtrose , so mounting tb to pc via usb is the only way besides through astro..."which i downloaded and works perfectly", to view contents of sd card . this is the first phone i have had that you couldn't view sd card right from your phone or go to a folder like "files" to view it instead of downloading an app . Why would they do that? ....just sayin....thanks again for the help.

Yes to my knowledge the only way to view the contents of your sd card is to either mount the TB to the computer or to install an app called Astro File Manager. (I use this one). Unfortunately this is not a "smart" option for a smart phone but its the best we have for now.

XOOM - rooted
    THUNDERBOLT - rooted!!

Battery drain tips/suggestions: http://www.thunderboltforums.com/for...ggestions.html
    Also come visit us at our sister forum http://www.droidforums.net/

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

sd under applications

I'm not sure if it helps but if you go to menu - settings - applications - manage applications you'll see SD card as one of the four tabs...I have nothing there so I didn't see anything but you should be able to see what's there.

Ads