• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lost text message data NEED URGENT HELP

This is a discussion on Lost text message data NEED URGENT HELP within the HTC Thunderbolt Help forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; ok this is a sensitive subject for me. I had text messages from my Ex wife that were saved on my phone and i was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lost text message data NEED URGENT HELP

ok this is a sensitive subject for me. I had text messages from my Ex wife that were saved on my phone and i was going to keep to document some situations and i've lost all the text messages now. I had all the messages locked individually but later in the night i had decided to install a new ROM and totally forgot to save those text messages and after i installed the new update the messages were OBVIOUSLY gone. Are they completely gone ??? Or can i roll back the system to recover those messages and then redo my new ROM all over again IF i can retrieve the messages at all?

I really need some help on this one. Those messages were important. I also want to know the best way in the future how i can save and file text messages properly if i need them again
    Special thanks to Gadget for taking the time to make me a very cool Panda avatar

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    The only way I know of is if you did a nandroid backup they will be saved and you can restore.

This thread has been struck by a rooted Thunderbolt.

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    well I dont know about nandroid so i'm guessing I'm beat
    Special thanks to Gadget for taking the time to make me a very cool Panda avatar

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you've accidentally deleted some or all of your text messages by mistake, fret not! You can get lost text message back from HTC with a big chance of success, but there's one ingredient that is most important: time! If you've deleted your SMS inbox you have to act quick, because while the messages are recoverable until the portion of memory on which they are saved is rewritten, the longer you wait the higher the likelihood of getting new text messages, app updates or who-knows-what saved to the same location, obliterating them forever.
    Last edited by robwhitton; 02-12-2014 at 08:44 PM.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't know how related or unrelated this is but I just lost all my messages about 30 minutes ago. I'm doing a restore right now to recover deleted messages from android. Only thing that was going on at the moment when it happened was that Lookout was doing its thing scanning everything.
    Last edited by EllaCharley; 03-25-2016 at 03:21 AM.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, friend.
    Sometimes we accidentally deleted some information, but these information are very important to us. If we have a backup, so congratulations you, you are lucky, But most people do not back up, this time we need data recovery software. Recently, I use a kind of professional data recovery software called Android Data Recovery, this is my friend introduced to me,I think it is very good, because you can get all your lost text messages back from HTC without backup. So you can have a try, I hope it is useful to you.
    Last edited by felicitewalker; 02-23-2014 at 07:51 PM.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Unless the messaging app you are using has a specific backup function or a trash folder there's no easy way, however, it may be possible for a data recovery professional (its not cheap) to recover them if the area in the memory hasnt been over written yet. Flash memory does not have data reminance like a magnetic drive. One overwrite and the data is essentially gone. I have also read that some android phone store sms messages on the sim card (I have a cdma phone so I have never seen it) and if so you may be able to recover lost text messages from Android sim with a sim reader. Ultimately its not likely you are going to recover them and any attempts will be costly or hard.
    Last edited by garyherrick; 05-25-2014 at 08:50 PM.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I think you have get back your htc messages for so many suggestions.
    Last edited by Senddally; 09-17-2014 at 05:54 AM.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You must be anxious when you delete your messages from Android unintentionally. Actually, your worry is unnecessary. Android Data Recovery will do everything right for you.
    Although you suffer from severe data loss, it can recover deleted text messages from Android effortlessly. Of course, the operation is quite simple. The whole recovery process can be done with only several steps. It’s time to have a try by yourself. You will appreciate it.
    Last edited by Nikou11; 12-02-2014 at 08:15 AM.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Tenorshare android data recovery software can easily help you recover the lost messages on android phones. You can follow the steps below:
    1. Connect your android phone to PC via USB or WiFi
    2. Start scanning and select the file which you want to restore
    3. Save the recovered items

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads