• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

htc thunderbolt stuck in hboot

This is a discussion on htc thunderbolt stuck in hboot within the HTC Thunderbolt Help forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; hello my name is gillis and i have a problem My htc thunderbolt it was running a stock emulator rom that it came with from ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: htc thunderbolt stuck in hboot

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

htc thunderbolt stuck in hboot

hello my name is gillis and i have a problem My htc thunderbolt
    it was running a stock emulator rom that it came with from the rooting process
    this is the google search tearm
    gottabemoble how to "auto" root you htc thunderbolt on a mac
    so then i tried using rom manager to get das bamf rc4.9 to load and it did but then i lost calling signal and 4g so i thought of maybe my radio is bad so then i downloaded a raido not sure which one and i didnt know how to flash it so now i am confused
    then the rom crashed or something and now i was back to stock so i rooted and then installed rom manager again to try and install the backup but it didnt work so i called it a night then in the morning i downloaded das bamf rc5 and tried using that but it didnt work so it powered of so then i powered it back on and didnt see it load because i had to leave when i came back a few hours ago it was stuck in hboot with the following message
    the message it displays is:
    security warning
    mecha xd ship s-on
    hboot-0.95.0000
    microp-/
    radio- 1.02.00.0103_2r
    emmc-boot
    dec 16 2010,22:29:58
    please help me
    thanks
    Gillis

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    First of all welcome to the forums. I am sure that with a little help from my friends we will be able to get you fixed up. The first thing that I notice is that you are no longer rooted.
    The line: mecha xd ship s-on - shows that you have lost root in the process.
    The first thing that I would suggest would be to find a way to look at the contents of your sd card. You can either put it in a different phone, or use a card reader to attach it to your computer. But either way you need to see if you have a file labeled PG05IMG.zip still in the root directory of your card. If so, delete that file, reinsert card into phone and see if the phone will boot properly.
    Gillis likes this.

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    BTW...if you don't have a card reader, you can pull the sd card out of the phone and then try to reboot and see if the phone will boot up.
    Gillis likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    You are S-ON, so something you flashed unrooted your phone. You can attempt to flash this RUU through HBOOT to get back to stock and then re-root the phone.

[Exclusive Download] Leaked 1.70.605.0 Update For The HTC Thunderbolt (No, It's Not Gingerbread)This should bring you back to the latest OTA but you won't have root access. So you'll need to follow the rooting instructions again.
    Gillis likes this.
    SID 6.7
    I'm a fifty terrabyte, self-evolving, neural network, double backflip off the high platform. I'm not a swan dive.

[GUIDE] Rooting for Newbs
    [GUIDE] The Unofficial APP REPLACEMENT Thread
    [FAQ] HELP! I've (insert something horrible) and need help!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Sele beat me to it. =)
    Gillis likes this.
    SID 6.7
    I'm a fifty terrabyte, self-evolving, neural network, double backflip off the high platform. I'm not a swan dive.

[GUIDE] Rooting for Newbs
    [GUIDE] The Unofficial APP REPLACEMENT Thread
    [FAQ] HELP! I've (insert something horrible) and need help!

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Wow and I'm not usually that quick. To backup what sidsixseven has said, this file he listed is the next step I was going to recommend to get you back stock. So check the sd card for the file I posted, get rid of it if it is there, replace with the file he posted and you should be able to follow the instructions in his link to flash and get you back straight.
    Gillis likes this.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sele View Post
    BTW...if you don't have a card reader, you can pull the sd card out of the phone and then try to reboot and see if the phone will boot up.
    yes i tried with no sd card in and it still didnt boot also i noticed that if if select reboot hboot the security warning goes away but even if i try to do restore to factory settings on it from hboot it dosent work it goes to HTC screen withOUT the quite brilliant and then goes back to hboot

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sele View Post
    First of all welcome to the forums. I am sure that with a little help from my friends we will be able to get you fixed up. The first thing that I notice is that you are no longer rooted.
    The line: mecha xd ship s-on - shows that you have lost root in the process.
    The first thing that I would suggest would be to find a way to look at the contents of your sd card. You can either put it in a different phone, or use a card reader to attach it to your computer. But either way you need to see if you have a file labeled PG05IMG.zip still in the root directory of your card. If so, delete that file, reinsert card into phone and see if the phone will boot properly.
    I looked and all i had was
    Pg05IMG_MRI_no_hboot
    this is a folder
    also thanks for the quick response, tomorrow i will be away from my computer until atleast 7:30
    thanks for the help so far talk to you guys tomorrow

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sidsixseven View Post
    You are S-ON, so something you flashed unrooted your phone. You can attempt to flash this RUU through HBOOT to get back to stock and then re-root the phone.

[Exclusive Download] Leaked 1.70.605.0 Update For The HTC Thunderbolt (No, It's Not Gingerbread)This should bring you back to the latest OTA but you won't have root access. So you'll need to follow the rooting instructions again.
    Thanks im downloading it but i have a slow internet connection and normally i would download using 4G and then just transfer to my computer but no TB no 4g i will try and get back to you tomorrow, like i said i will be gone most of the day
    and thank you both for all your help and if possible if there are any hard things to do would you please explain them in laymens terms because i am only 14 and am new to the android terms and such also i read on the link that it will start to flash the update as soon as i turn on the phone is this true?
    thanks
    Gillis

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sidsixseven View Post

i am not sure how to flash it i boot up my phone and then it still says security warning at the top so i reboot the bootloader and it goes away then i go to fast boot and it says a few things and then at the bottom it says PG05IMG.zip it says battery power to low change battery and im not sure if the battery is charging while in hboot or not there is no LED saying it is charging so what should i do

Ads