• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stuck on HTC screen, cant boot and can't go into recovery - PG05 doesnt work either

This is a discussion on Stuck on HTC screen, cant boot and can't go into recovery - PG05 doesnt work either within the HTC Thunderbolt Help forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; I have been messing around this for hours and been searching through all the forums on here also but can't seem to get anything to ...

+ Reply to Thread
    TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Stuck on HTC screen, cant boot and can't go into recovery - PG05 doesnt work either

I have been messing around this for hours and been searching through all the forums on here also but can't seem to get anything to work.

I just recently flashes a MECHA rom from InfectedROM (seems like it sure did infect it) and it was running perfectly. Around 2 hours later I was trying to unlock my phone and noticed it was frozen and would not let me move the little circle up to unlock it. I let it sit for another hour and still it was frozen and wouldnt let me unlock my phone. I pulled the battery and tried to restart but it wouldn't pass the HTC splash screen, however it does vibrate two times as it always does when I start up my phone. I let it sit on the splash screen but no luck. I then tried to go to HBOOT so I could go into RECOVERY but when I hit RECOVERY it gets stuck on the splash screen. I attempted to run multiple PG05 (802 and 2.11.605.19) and it still wouldnt reboot or go into recovery.

Here is the HBOOT info:
    MECHA XD ENG S-OFF
    HBOOT-1.04.2000 (PG0510000)
    MICROP-/
    RADIO-1.49.00.0406w_1
    eMMC-boot
    Feb 23 2011,20:36:02

Could someone help me, I need my phone for work tomorrow since I deal with a lot of calls to clients and I need access to their contact information from my phone. I appreciate the help in advance.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by singalongjonl View Post
    I have been messing around this for hours and been searching through all the forums on here also but can't seem to get anything to work.

I just recently flashes a MECHA rom from InfectedROM (seems like it sure did infect it) and it was running perfectly. Around 2 hours later I was trying to unlock my phone and noticed it was frozen and would not let me move the little circle up to unlock it. I let it sit for another hour and still it was frozen and wouldnt let me unlock my phone. I pulled the battery and tried to restart but it wouldn't pass the HTC splash screen, however it does vibrate two times as it always does when I start up my phone. I let it sit on the splash screen but no luck. I then tried to go to HBOOT so I could go into RECOVERY but when I hit RECOVERY it gets stuck on the splash screen. I attempted to run multiple PG05 (802 and 2.11.605.19) and it still wouldnt reboot or go into recovery.

Here is the HBOOT info:
    MECHA XD ENG S-OFF
    HBOOT-1.04.2000 (PG0510000)
    MICROP-/
    RADIO-1.49.00.0406w_1
    eMMC-boot
    Feb 23 2011,20:36:02

Could someone help me, I need my phone for work tomorrow since I deal with a lot of calls to clients and I need access to their contact information from my phone. I appreciate the help in advance.
    Did the PG05IMG.zip's ever actually flash?

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the response. The flash was successful and allowed me the option of restarting but would still get stuck on the HTC screen.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Hmm... How are you still S-OFF after the PG05IMG flash?

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, with the multiple flashes of different radio's they all resulted in s-off.

Just a thing to throw out there, the last thing I did with my phone was going to Titanium Backup app and unistalling the Facebook app, which was inplanted in the ROM, I have no idea if maybe this caused the ROM to crash on me and refusing to restart or if its something else. Other than this one small thing all I did was install a few apps. It probably ran a total of 4 hours before it froze and all this started.
    Last edited by singalongjonl; 06-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Yes, with the multiple flashes of different radio's they all resulted in s-off.

Just a thing to throw out there, the last thing I did with my phone was going to Titanium Backup app and unistalling the Facebook app, which was inplanted in the ROM, I have no idea if maybe this caused the ROM to crash on me and refusing to restart or if its something else. Other than this one small thing all I did was install a few apps. It probably ran a total of 4 hours before it froze and all this started.
    Right now it seems that the only option is to unroot and take it to verizon. Do you have adb and fastboot set up?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am not sure, my friend rooted my phone for me and taught me the basics of flashing ROM's and Radios. Beyond the basics I have not been taught too much about adb or fastboot.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I am not sure, my friend rooted my phone for me and taught me the basics of flashing ROM's and Radios. Beyond the basics I have not been taught too much about adb or fastboot.
    Alright. follow this guide How to Restore to Stock for Rooted and Non-Rooted Users
    The links are broken, but heres good ones:
    PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot.zip https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61129367/PG...1_no_hboot.zip
    PG05IMG_hboot_1.4.0000.zip:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61129367/hboot_1.04.000.zip

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I wanted to give a update in case someone else has similar issues.

First I wanted to thank trter10 for taking your time and helping me.

I had my friend look at my phone on Sunday afternoon. He ended up trying to get to recovery by doing a battery pull and going into HBOOT to RECOVERY and waiting. After a while he did another battery pull and kept repeating the process til it worked, it took him about 30 times for it to work. We ended up flashing a new ROM but later I discovered the ROM froze on me and wouldn't let me unlock similar to when I first had trouble with the phone. I tried flashing some different radios to see if that would resolve the situation but it didn't. I brought my phone back to my friends house and he messed with it for a few hours, I wasn't watching him but he came to the conclusion that it was fried. He tried to unroot my phone but had some difficulties, on his last attempt it worked. Today (Monday) I ran the phone to Verizon and they asked me to turn the phone on and surprisingly the phone worked without freezing.

My friend thought maybe I shorted the phone or had some hardware issues. I don't really know what happened but it seems all good now.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trter10 View Post
    Did the PG05IMG.zip's ever actually flash?
    Can someone tell me how to flash this when I am stuck at the white htc screen then it reloads? I can get to the revolutionary hboot screen but all the options lead me back to the white htc screen and constant reboots.

Ads