• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pop Email help

This is a discussion on Pop Email help within the HTC Thunderbolt Help forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; Ok I am only able to set up and send/receive my pop (comcast) email through wifi only and if I switch it to 4g it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pop Email help

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Pop Email help

Ok I am only able to set up and send/receive my pop (comcast) email through wifi only and if I switch it to 4g it will not get my email. 4g is working fine as I have internet on the phone and can do other things as well on 4g. Any ideas? I have tried the stock mail and K9. Please help. This is my wifes phone. BTW this was working fine up until a few days ago.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Have you tried deleting the account and re- adding it?

Sent from the God of phones.. Thunder... THUNDER... THUNDERBOLT!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By the one and only: wicked
    Reader's/Writer's Thread|Tbolt Nick's Audio Requests | TIP: Removing CityID without Rooting | Join in on the Moment!

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes and many times. I only can get it to work on Wifi only. 4g is working as I do have internet on the phone. Any other ideas????

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt41 View Post
    Yes and many times. I only can get it to work on Wifi only. 4g is working as I do have internet on the phone. Any other ideas????
    Is any other email account on the stock app working? Or is it just Comcast?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reader's/Writer's Thread|Tbolt Nick's Audio Requests | TIP: Removing CityID without Rooting | Join in on the Moment!

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Gmail works but that is a different account. I can get it if I use the xfininty app which is a comcast email. I do not have any problems getting my email from my rezound using k9 or stock email. This is something related to the 4g. I'd hate to format this phone. Any more suggestions?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Not that I can think of. It is some sort of syncing error when the Tbolt switches to mobile data. I don't think a reset will fix it either.

When you setup the account via the stock app, do you manually set it up?

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thunderbolt41 - I feel your pain. Yesterday, my TBolt stopped receiving comcast mail. I took out the battery, restarted, etc no dice. On the phone w Verizon for nearly an hour -- removed sim card, removed memory card, deleted and added the account again -- epic fail. Only solution was a factory reset. That worked for about an hour. Came home, called Verizon again and the snotty tech support implied that the re-loading of all the apps I lost was causing the problem. That set me off. He then welcomed me to purchase a different discounted refurbished smart phone. I am getting comcast email only when connected to wifi. Open to any suggestions as to a solution. Thanks.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Alright. So now we have a repeat issue...and that was terrible the way they treated you, Nkp17.

There has to be a problem with mobile data contacting Comcast's POP3 Servers because I'm guessing that this still happens even on 3G. Based on the responses, I've eliminated erroneous settings.

Now, it is kind of curious, simply because AOL had very similar issues about...oh...I want to say 3-4 months ago. For a week people could not get e-mail from their devices, except on Wi-Fi...some not at all. In the end, they (the community) found out that it had something to do with AOL's server side settings. Something about their settings caused the mail not to sync in the inbox. I'm guessing this might be a similar issue...but don't quote me on it. I'll try reasearching (aka Googling) and see if anyone else is running into similar problems. I'll try to keep you all posted.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Ah! I think I have found something. When you guys go through options when setting up, do you select 'Delete Mail from Server'?

Also, will you still get e-mails if you say...defer it to another client like Gmail?

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Let me see if I'm verifying what you've indicated. My "sync deleted items from server" is not checked -- should it be?I am getting email from my gmail account.

Ads