• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Triangle icon after update...stuck not starting...

This is a discussion on Triangle icon after update...stuck not starting... within the HTC Thunderbolt Help forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; Hello wanted to know what is wrong with my phone I did the update that recently came out...and now I am getting a triangle icon ...

+ Reply to Thread
    TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Triangle icon after update...stuck not starting...

Hello wanted to know what is wrong with my phone I did the update that recently came out...and now I am getting a triangle icon with an exclamation point inside it. Also next to that icon is an android character next to it as well...seems stuck on that screen. Dont know what to do next?

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    okay some more info my son I guess told me he rooted my phone to if I am saying this correctly revolutionary cwm v4.0.1.4 I hit the menu button and I have severaly options but do not know what to do? Son is out of town and I cannot get ahold of him...any help will be appreciated!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times

Re: Triangle icon after update...stuck not starting...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    okay some more info my son I guess told me he rooted my phone to if I am saying this correctly revolutionary cwm v4.0.1.4 I hit the menu button and I have severaly options but do not know what to do? Son is out of town and I cannot get ahold of him...any help will be appreciated!
    Goodness. You're son failed to mention NOT to accept OTAs while you are rooted. It will cause a security warning, I'm guessing?

There's a guide on here that tells you how to fix it. I'm on mobile so I can't give you a link, but if you do a search on the forum for "How to fix the security warning." I believe you'll find it. Also, PM trter. He can give you a little too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By the one and only: wicked
    Reader's/Writer's Thread|Tbolt Nick's Audio Requests | TIP: Removing CityID without Rooting | Join in on the Moment!

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I woke up to the triangle on my screen today. No idea what to do. I used the all in one tool so it shouldnt have taken the update???

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

same problem

Verizon pushed the 4.0 ICS update OTA and I was unable to receive it. I didn't get anything claiming a security warning. It says:

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.1
    Finding update package....
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...a
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

When it tries to boot up after receiving the firmware. I have to wipe Cache to be able to boot back up. My phone is rooted and I have Clockwork Recovery Mod. I am not using any custom ROM and currently have -

Android Version 2.3.4
    HTC Sense Version 2.1
    Software number- 2.11.605.19 71ORD

I don't know a whole lot about Android software. Will I be able to accept this update? I am about to deploy and would prefer to have Android 4.0 before I leave.
    Last edited by 01superdad; 02-10-2013 at 04:10 AM.

*RS Leader*
    Member #
    Liked
    208 times

Your custom recovery is blocking the OTA. If you want the OTA but want to stay rooted, you can flash this:
    http://www.forums.infectedrom.com/sh...ad.php?p=67120

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all of your help...my main reason to go ahead and do this is because the t-bolt originally had the revolutionary mod...then he put some liquid ics update of some sort---my son said I might like it--- which I do not. So is there anyone out there that can give me advice on how to simply remove this -- these mods>>> and just revert back to the original settings. Or what is a simple way to remove the particular liquid ics mod? I mean the revo mod was fine I enjoyed my apps like usual...but once the OTA issued update automatically forced on cell phone because I ran out of battery and next thing you know after looking at phone I had the triangle with exclamation point and mini android figure there. Just want to make sure I take the right direction because for me the T-bolt is sufficient and I really do not want to spend $ on another phone unless I absolutely have to. Thanks for prior help and any help from here on out will most definetly be appreciated as well!!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times

Thanks for all of your help...my main reason to go ahead and do this is because the t-bolt originally had the revolutionary mod...then he put some liquid ics update of some sort---my son said I might like it--- which I do not. So is there anyone out there that can give me advice on how to simply remove this -- these mods>>> and just revert back to the original settings. Or what is a simple way to remove the particular liquid ics mod? I mean the revo mod was fine I enjoyed my apps like usual...but once the OTA issued update automatically forced on cell phone because I ran out of battery and next thing you know after looking at phone I had the triangle with exclamation point and mini android figure there. Just want to make sure I take the right direction because for me the T-bolt is sufficient and I really do not want to spend $ on another phone unless I absolutely have to. Thanks for prior help and any help from here on out will most definetly be appreciated as well!!!
    It's pretty simple usign the Tbolt tool to go back to factory settings and unroot your phone. However, you need to get rid of that pesky triangle first. I think you can do it through the tool, but I'm not 100% on that. I think you might have to go through the steps of fixing the security warning like I mentioned before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reader's/Writer's Thread|Tbolt Nick's Audio Requests | TIP: Removing CityID without Rooting | Join in on the Moment!

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Tool worked thanks nick and trter10...for all your help...awesome utility tool.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times

Tool worked thanks nick and trter10...for all your help...awesome utility tool.
    Good. Glad to see you got it working. Did you decide to stay unrooted with stock?

Ads