• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

This is a discussion on "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" within the HTC Thunderbolt Rescue Squad forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; My Thunderbolt is rooted but with no ROM installed. I am great with computers but fairly new to Android. I rooted my Thunderbird using the ...

+ Reply to Thread
    TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

My Thunderbolt is rooted but with no ROM installed. I am great with computers but fairly new to Android.

I rooted my Thunderbird using the "Thunderbolt Easy Rooter". As far as I am aware this worked... Now, when I open ROM Manager, it asks me to install ClockworkMod Recovery before I download any ROMs, fine. I confirm the model, HTC Thunderbolt, and get the following error: "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

I have done some searching and tried uninstalling ROM Manager, (which I cannot do, but I did install an update which did not change the error). I also found mention of the Superuser app, which shows "No apps in list" and I don't see anything I can do with it.

So, where do I go from here? I would like to install some ROMs and see how they affect phone performance, but I'm stuck.

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    Try this to see if it fixes your SU permissions...
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6851274/rmk-...ser-v1.0.0.zip

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Sounds like you're not quite rooted. Have you rebooted since the first reboot after you rooted? Does the method you used install Superuser? If not, you'll need to install that off the market.

--
    sent from a supercell

"...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
    Guidelines of Conduct

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Love the quick responses! I will try what you posted, Capt.D, and report back. Um, where exactly do I extract that file to?

jnt, I have rebooted quite a few times since I tried rooting, and I do have the superuser app, although I don't recall installing it manually. I did have the root tool to simplify things, so I assume that installed it for me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Ignore me and listen to the Cap!

--
    sent from a supercell

"...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
    Guidelines of Conduct

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried opening that file on my Thunderbolt, and selected to open with Rom Manager. Press OK to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation. OK. Nothing happens. Also, if I select Reboot into Recovery option, it verifies that I want to do this, and then nothing happens. It will not reboot automatically from Rom Manager?

I also tried installing an update to Superuser from Market. It said I needed to reboot and flash, (which of course isn't working for me), and now says the update is installed when I go back to Market.

If I reboot the phone, it just boots up normally with the Thunderbolt intro animation. The only way I know of to get to the ClockworkMod boot loader is to let my battery drain. What else should I try in the meantime?

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    If clockwork recovery won't load it does sound like you didn't get root...You can try loading titanium and try hitting the problems section and load busy box and see if that does it...otherwise try running root again...re-read the instructions and make sure you followed all correctly...

Tbolt Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mine is doing.the exact same thing, I have ran thru the root process twice with the same results at.the.end, Rom mgr not working and when I try to flash the file I get nothing........I'm wondering if o need to completely return to stock before trying to root again?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Rooted Thunderbolt - **Insert newest BAMF remix ROM here**

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, I went through the three step procedure, very carefully making sure I missed nothing. Apparently this time I did it right, as I am no longer getting the message. The instructions that are displayed by the Rooter are not as explicit as the ones on the PDF. Not sure what I did wrong, but glad to have it going right.

Thanks for the help!

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem last night, I just ran step 3 a few times. Then I rebooted a few times then it started working. I think you just have to keep messing with it till it takes.

Ads