• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problems after flashing to LTS last night

This is a discussion on Problems after flashing to LTS last night within the HTC Thunderbolt Rescue Squad forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; HELP! I flashed to the LTS ROM last night and now I am not getting any data. Do I need to get the correct PG05IMG.zip ...

+ Reply to Thread
    TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy Problems after flashing to LTS last night

HELP!

I flashed to the LTS ROM last night and now I am not getting any data. Do I need to get the correct PG05IMG.zip file on the root of my SD card? If so, can someone shoot me a link to that file? I am downloading the stock PG05IMG.zip file now. Should I push that to my SD card and then try to reflash and go from there?

I also am now missing ROM Manager and my file manager on my phone and the phone is randomly freezing and rebooting.

Yikes. I feel like I'm in over my head.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    It sounds like a couple of things might have happened.
    1. you didn't flash the correct radio prior to upgrading
    2. you didn't clear data/ cache and dalvik cache prior to upgrading.
    3. you haven't rebooted since upgrading

Lets work on the data first. The first thing you need to do is reboot if you have not done so. The last couple of Roms I've installed including LTS last night, I had to reboot to get any signal. I had no data or voice. So reboot.

If the reboot doesn't work then go here: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! Move this file to the root of your sd card, reboot into bootloader, load this new radio. Once that is done if you don't have data, reload LTS rom, making sure to wipe data / cache / dalvik cache (in advanced menu in clockwork if you are doing this manually).

If these steps don't fix you up, pm me and I'll get to work on figuring out what the problem is.

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, Sele. I've tried rebooting. I am in the process of downloading that file and moving it to the sd card. I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    No problem, let me know. The main thing is not to panic, we will get you straightened out. I'm at work today, so if it doesn't get fixed pm me and I'll try to get back in as soon as I can.

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I'm all straightened out. I ended up flashing back to the DAS BAMF Remix v.1.6.3.

I'd like to give LTS another go sometime. I know that I need the new radio download to do that. I thought I had flashed it correctly last time and I tried to search for better instructions here on how to do that. I guess I didn't do it right. I'll just keep reading and try again sometime when I feel like I know what I did wrong or just feel more comfortable with the process.

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    No problem, if you decide to attempt again. Here are the steps you would take:
    1. Download the file PG05IMG.zip and move it to the root of your sd card.
    2. Power down phone.
    3. Press and hold down volume button, while powering on phone. Continue to hold volume down button until you get H-Boot screen.
    4. Use power down button to highlight Bootloader. Use power button to select.
    5. When bootloader loads it should find that file on your sd card and check it.
    6. When given the option press up volume button to flash file.
    7. Once file has flashed you press the power button to reboot when prompted.
    8. Phone will reboot and you are done.

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Do all of the different ROMs require different PG05IMG.zip files? Or just specific ones?

When I do this should I just rename the PG05IMG.zip file that I'm currently using so that it's backed up on my sd card?

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Most of the new roms will require this radio. But once you flash it you should be good to go. Changing roms will not overwrite the radio.

Ads