• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Glass/Digitizer cracked, dead spots, LCD Screen bad?

This is a discussion on Glass/Digitizer cracked, dead spots, LCD Screen bad? within the HTC Thunderbolt Rescue Squad forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; Hey all. I have a cracked screen (the glass) and after researching it, it seems rather easy to replace. In addition to having cracked glass, ...

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Glass/Digitizer cracked, dead spots, LCD Screen bad?

Hey all. I have a cracked screen (the glass) and after researching it, it seems rather easy to replace. In addition to having cracked glass, or because of it, I've got some dead spots in the display. I've read where others have replaced their glass, yet still ended up with "dead spots". I have to type in Landscape mode because all of the keys on the right side of my screen don't respond to touch in portrait mode. But if I hold it in Landscape mode, I can type no problem. Strange.

I'm trying avoid replacing the glass only to find that I still have dead spots (as I have read others have had happen). So, Is there any way that I can test the display for dead spots so that I can know whether to order the glass and LCD display, or just the glass.

Having to use my phone in Landscape mode is difficult and frustrating, considering I'm a power user. It takes two hands to type and I hate it. I'm only 4 months away from being able to get a new phone, so I don't want to invest a lot in this phone, nor do I want to pay $100 and turn it in to Asurion. I would consider buying another Verizon phone from someone if it was cheap enough, but that would be silly if this can be fixed for $20-$50. I'm handy enough to do the repair myself. I've watched numerous videos on it how to do it.

Thanks!

Jason
    --Skyraider ROM

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm just going to buy the LCD and Digitizer assembled from Ebay for $55. That way both are new, and I don't have to worry about heating up the glass and removing it. It's just two little cables that I unhook from the motherboard and go.

j

Remove Ads

Ads