• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Broken screen - Is it possible to transfer data?

This is a discussion on Broken screen - Is it possible to transfer data? within the HTC Thunderbolt Rescue Squad forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Support category; My phones screen broke, also breaking the LCD. It still works as I have figured out how to enable media sharing so I could access ...

+ Reply to Thread
    TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Broken screen - Is it possible to transfer data?

My phones screen broke, also breaking the LCD. It still works as I have figured out how to enable media sharing so I could access my phone on my computer. Is it possible to maybe get a warrantied one for 100$ and have verizon transfer everything over. I have MyBackupPro but its useless If i cant click on it and use it. I was going to just buy a new LCD and digitizer but I tried to dial out and recieve calls/texts and the phone will not I happen to wonder if an LCD would cause this issue, or if something else in the phone broke aswell. When you dial out you can hear the numbers, but no dial tone after you hit call. Thanks!

Also is it possible to access the phone through a computer and pull out contact information/application info etc.? Thanks

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was able to set my phone to internet through pc by using my girlfriends X2 next to it. But when it finally caught internet I still couldnt make phone calls but could recieve texts and send out Heytell commands. I went on verizons site and tried to upload my contacts but for some reason when it did update only certain phone numbers from about 9 months ago were on it. Im missing all new contacts from recent. Any ideas?

Also was about to sync backup manager but stil has old numbers

Tbolt Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Everything should be on the sd card, right? just take it out.
    All contacts should be sync'd to your google gmail account.
    All apps will be sync'd to your google play account.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thats the thing, the contacts are not syncing even though while I was on the verizon contact sync thing it said updated! refreshing.. .and it was still the same old contacts without the new. Gonna get a warrantied one I guess and place the screen on my old phone and if it works fine and gets internet (Which im not sure why it isnt working along with cell service) then ill keep my old one, if not ill try and swap everything to the new one using the one screen

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you know or are you aware that you can buy lcd replacement screens for the Thunderbolt? Make sure you buy both the lcd display and digitizer glass. Amazon has them, but they can be found elsewhere. Might save you some money.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yea i was going to on ebay, but the problem was that even though the phone is wokring behind the bad screen it can send out texts etc while hooked to a computer but still cannot recieve phone calls. So I was kinda looking at it it as if i buy a screen and its still messed up internally then im out 40+ 99

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Also while on the VZ website I realized that when my phone started having the screen problems when half wouldnt work I didnt go to verizon because I didnt want to pay for a phone due to being out of manuf. warranty.

Device Replacement Program

As said there 13+ months later if such problem happens such as the screen having dead spots you will recieve a free phone of no charge.. damn wish i didnt crack my screen

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got the new phone... guess what the good news is it had a faulty screen and the whole left side doesnt work and I can barely unlock my phone because the screen bugs out... I love these POS's... getting a new one instead of a refurb from the company.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you want toBackup and Restore Android on Computer, you can get the help of Android Data Transfer, which can help you transfer these files into the compatible format of your Android phone. It is a worth-recommending data recovery tool that you can help you to Transfer Music from iTunes to Android just in a simple way.
    You can transfer your photos, videos, text messages and contacts from Android to computer with ease.

Ads