• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

new roms

This is a discussion on new roms within the HTC Thunderbolt Roms forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Hacks category; Hey everyone!I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to get the opinion of fellow bolt owners. With the announcement of an official ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new roms

quickdraw86

new roms

Hey everyone!I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to get the opinion of fellow bolt owners. With the announcement of an official Ics from HTC, and the impending source release, do you think we'll see a ramp up in Rom development? Development has slowed to a crawl as of late, but do you think ics will turn things around?

Tbolt Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Most likely. Current TB ROMs have pretty much reached their full potential, so there isn't much development happening with them ICS will open a whole new world of development. And, if HTC does it right, Sense on ICS should be pretty nice.
    I be BAMF'in!!!!!!!!!!!

HTC Thunderbolt
    SkyRaider Zeus 1.3
    Zeus Mash-up Theme
    MR4 Radio

Tbolt Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Without a doubt. All the phones out now that have ICS (official or otherwise) have had a surge of new ROMS. I am a fan of vanilla ICS, but am interested to see what HTC does with sense on it.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    99.97% Success Rate
    FASCINATE (ICS) - CHARGE (ECLIPSE) - THUNDERBOLT (CM7) - XOOM WiFi (ICS)

Tbolt Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Definitely. The last major hurdle holding back ICS ROMs right now is the phone/data portion.
    HTC THUNDERBOLT:

Battery Tips #1 | Battery Tips #2

Current ROM:
    "AOSP" ROM

quickdraw86
    Quote Originally Posted by dharel1705 View Post
    Most likely. Current TB ROMs have pretty much reached their full potential, so there isn't much development happening with them ICS will open a whole new world of development. And, if HTC does it right, Sense on ICS should be pretty nice.
    For sure. How many aosp and sense 3.0/.5 builds can there be. I have my two drivers, but there is never enough to flash! Haha

quickdraw86
    Quote Originally Posted by terablue View Post
    Definitely. The last major hurdle holding back ICS ROMs right now is the phone/data portion.
    Yeah, that elusive RIL is finally going to be available for developers to produce fully functional 4.0 roms it's an exciting time to be a bolt owner, that is if big red doesn't drag it's feet pushing the update. *cough* gingerbread

quickdraw86
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Without a doubt. All the phones out now that have ICS (official or otherwise) have had a surge of new ROMS. I am a fan of vanilla ICS, but am interested to see what HTC does with sense on it.
    Yeah. I completely agree. I took sense for granted, and was aosp only for awhile, but eventually came to realize that my phone runs more smoothly and with fewer bugs on sense roms. I would love a vanilla ics and stock rooted ics sense Rom. I feel that those are two options that would take the bolt closer to its true potential. I'm excited and curious about sense/ics for the bolt!

Ads