Uh oh, I might be late to the boat on this, but it looks like Team Liquid is in a bit of trouble over at the rootzwiki forums. Check out the final post from the admin birdman in the (locked) 1.5 beta thread:
[ROM][AOSP]LiquidSmooth-ICS-v1.5 ROM[07/01/2012] - LiquidSmooth[mecha] - RootzWiki - Page 57
Here's the post in full:
I’ve tried to ignore kanging allegations against teamliquid for some time but after running a full scale, in depth, evaluation of the situation....
Here are the facts:
The following commits have been directly and unarguably pulled from cm:
- Approximately: 53 of the 120 repos located at github.com/liquidsmoothroms are forked from cm directly or indirectly. this accounts for 43% of your rom.
- A “majority” is in fact aosp. You are correct liquid.
- However, a large...in fact enormous amount is from cm. enough worthy of a significant credit to CyanogenMod.
- i didn't know theme manager was part of aosp. Interesting.
- liquid and nocoast, y u no correctly commit all the time? (see strange pushes below)
- each of your devices trees contain liquid.mk -> sound anything like cm.mk? i think so. who came up with that build style? cyanogenmod
- inline kernel building. which is a cyanogenmod original feature ( at least it builds the kernel for the d2vzw)
The following commits have been strangely pushed, and do not properly credit the original commiter (EG: setting up a new branch and cherry picking the commit to your old branch):
- https://github.com/LiquidSmoothROMs/android_device_htc_ville < contains cm.mk
- (lots of cm commits here on this page) https://github.com/LiquidSmoothROMs/android_frameworks_base/commits/ics?page=12
The oddest thing about these above links, is that i know you guys can do this correctly. it just seems you sometimes arn’t bothered to. most of your “main developers” commits are either one of the following:
Vendor is strangly similar in many ways to cyanogenmod’s:
- correct pulls from other people’s works
- stupid minor changes.
- incorrect pulls with some kind of “cred to bleh” in the commit, but not correctly pulled.
- sudden sparks of inspiration which lead to HUGE sudden and brilliant changes.
so. let me get this straight. its just a “coincidence” that two different teams named this file exactly the same?
now common.mk is more believable, but this file is sockingly similar as well.
For everyone who’s not sure if this is a kang: here's codeworkx and xplodwild (members of teamhacksung and highly regarded members of cm.) calling out teamliquid for being kangers.
(extra credit link from our friends at xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=29347983#post29347983 )
skinnyguy (a super moderator here) tried to run a dif comparing liquid code to cyanogenmod. lots of things showed up. however, it seems that an extra space here and an extra blank line there has pretty much made marking every visible kang here impossible. the kangs have almost been purposely obfuscated (or very poorly copy and pasted.)
We haven't entirely decided what to do with this situation. It seems some team members are the primary offenders and others just turn a blind cheek. while we gather more details we will come to a decision and potentially permanent bans. Anyone on the team who would like to speak to me about this feel free to pm me. I AM PERSONALLY TAKING THIS SITUATION UNDER MY BELT. DO NOT PM OTHER MODERATORS OR STAFF MEMBERS THEY WILL NOT REPLY. For the time being this thread is closed.
Damn, I've been really amped for this release too, but this is definitely a game-changer. Hopefully Team Liquid gets everything cleared away with the CM team.