• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Verizon releases ICS for Thunderbolt...

This is a discussion on Verizon releases ICS for Thunderbolt... within the HTC Thunderbolt Roms forums, part of the HTC Thunderbolt Hacks category; I flashed his ROM earlier today, runs like a champ. Much snappier than the leak....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tbolt Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I flashed his ROM earlier today, runs like a champ. Much snappier than the leak.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok - potential noob question - but even after reading through the explanation I'm still a little unclear on whether I want the ODEXED or DEODEXED. I'm stock rooted and have normally flashed new updates via Clockwork recovery. Also - how do I confirm I'm properly formatted in "ext3 format"

Tbolt Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times

Re: Verizon releases ICS for Thunderbolt...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt332 View Post
    Ok - potential noob question - but even after reading through the explanation I'm still a little unclear on whether I want the ODEXED or DEODEXED. I'm stock rooted and have normally flashed new updates via Clockwork recovery. Also - how do I confirm I'm properly formatted in "ext3 format"
    The Rom should format to the correct filesystem from what I understand. As for deodexed that really only applies if your planning to theme the Rom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt332 View Post
    Ok - potential noob question - but even after reading through the explanation I'm still a little unclear on whether I want the ODEXED or DEODEXED.
    If you never plan on modifying anything at all, and want to keep that stock feel, odex boots quicker. Other than that, there's really not a huge difference.

I'm stock rooted and have normally flashed new updates via Clockwork recovery. Also - how do I confirm I'm properly formatted in "ext3 format"
    If you're not sure if your complete formatted, wipe again. Or, just use 4EXT Development. It's pretty damn thorough.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm rooted using trter10 all in one tool. I'm using stock rom. Been that way for about 6 months now. Woke up this morning with triangle with exclamation point on the screen. If i pull the battery it will start up for about a minute and then power off and go back to the triangle screen. What happened? Did my phone update? What should I do?

Tbolt Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    If you want to use Google Now, you'll need the Deodex version. Then, you can install GNow Handlebars, which will make Google Now work.

Gnow Handlebars Installs Google Now on ICS Devices Easily ? xda-developers

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ThunderR32
    No, Verizon updates fail when you're rooted. Go to Sele's thread [RS Guide] How to Get Rid of OTA Forced Reboots on Rooted Phone he walks you through getting back to normal. Same thing happened to me on GB update right after I rooted, not hard to fix. Then search the TBolt forums for a thread about OTA blocker. It keeps the Verizon updates from being pushed to your phone, and you can get the ICS update that's fixed for rooted phones from Santod at XDA Developers, link in Irish711's post earlier in this thread. Just flashed it this morning, liking it so far.
    Last edited by SteelSlicer; 02-09-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to reference post replied to

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thankyou

Ads