• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Who Are You

This is a discussion on Who Are You within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Im Lynn 42years old 4 kids, 23,20,11,9 1 angel, granddaughter 15 months married for 18 years to wife #3(last one, she cant get rid of ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Who Are You

Tbolt Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Im Lynn
    42years old
    4 kids, 23,20,11,9
    1 angel, granddaughter 15 months
    married for 18 years to wife #3(last one, she cant get rid of me)
    Love deer hunting and fishing, and playing with X and bolt
    Wife has cancer, been fighting it for 2+years. Waiting for bone marrow transplant
    I built houses up until sept 2010 when wifes cancer came back, now im mister mom and parttime nurse
    Rooted, ltb 2.3,

♦Thundercat♦
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    My real name is Tony, 46 year old truck driver for FedEx Freight. Living during the week (and more weekends than I like) in the Rockville-Terre Haute Indiana area. Some weekends I get to go home to my family in the Cincinnati area. 2 teenage daughters, one graduated and getting married next year, the other still in school. At work, I drive from Terre Haute to Doolittle, Mo. every night (568 miles round trip). I'm constantly either trying to stay awake for work or get to sleep in my rented room.

My hobbies are tweaking my phone and reading sci fi/fantasy novels. Thank goodness for audiobooks. I just got through the entire Harry Potter series on my Bolt. The person who read those was amazing! Now I'm spoiled and can't stand the monotone, droning voice that the person uses to read the Frank Herbert Dune novels. I also enjoy the Adam Carolla Podcast.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Broskii View Post
    I got the Droid 1 back in December of '09 and rooted it in March. You all might have known of the site, rootyourdroid.info?
    I do remember that site! It was referenced often until y'all took it down...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
    Guidelines of Conduct

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    I do remember that site! It was referenced often until y'all took it down...
    The creator, biglou, failed to admin the site and shoutbox. The shiutbox was constantly slammed and trolled, so we made our own. Finally, he asked us to help out, butt was already too late. His site went down.

Broskii is mobile.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Sele... so your name is pronounced sell?

As in "Get your butt out there and sell me a car!"

AND you're the sales manager.... what a coincidence!
    Check in is right here!
    The wicked Android Dictionary
    Efficient Battery Tips

A forum is only as strong and informative as the members that inhabit the community.

*Rescue Squad*
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Lol. That's right.

This thread has been struck by a rooted Thunderbolt.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sele View Post
    Lol. That's right.

This thread has been struck by a rooted Thunderbolt.
    Too funny... we can't even make this stuff up.
    Check in is right here!
    The wicked Android Dictionary
    Efficient Battery Tips

A forum is only as strong and informative as the members that inhabit the community.

Tbolt Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Hey, my name is Tim, Althris is the name I use in online games, forums, etc.
    I'm 31, getting married June 3rd to an amazing woman, she's a school teacher and marathon runner. We'll probably start having kids in the next year or so.
    I am the inventory manager/analyst/planner for a small clothing company in Colorado.
    I love stories. Movies or books, great stories with deep characters are my favorites. Slim, I'd love to hear some of your favorite books, fantasy and sci-fi are two of my favorite genres. I'm currently rereading George R.R. Martin's series in anticipation of the 5th book this summer (same series the new HBO show is made after), William Gibson's latest, and Patrick Rothfuss' newest book.
    I enjoy problem solving and puzzle games. I think that is part of what draws me to this forrum, trying to help figure out people's problems. Along with the great community here (no joke, most mature online public community I have ever participated in). I'd really like to refresh my programming skills and make a great puzzle game for android!
    Last edited by Althris; 05-13-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo

♦Thundercat♦
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    David Eddings: The Belgariad series (5 books), The Malloreon (5 books that continue the main storyline of the Belgariad), Belgarath the Sorcerer, Polgara the Sorceress
    The Redemption of Althalus
    Stephen R. Donaldson: The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever (all of them, there are 3 trilogies), the Gap series
    The Dune novels

Those are some of my all time favorites

Just about anything by Robert Heinlein

Tbolt Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Those David Eddings series were my favorites for ages. I read them all several times in high school and college.
    I read one trilogy of Thomas Covenant, but wasn't a big fan. I found myself disliking the protagonist too much. I'll have to check out The Gap series.
    I've been meaning to read more of Dune, I read the first one long ago.
    Robert Heinlein looks interesting, I'll give him a shot.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads