• Login:

Welcome to the HTC Thunderbolt Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Who Are You

This is a discussion on Who Are You within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; No problem. Heinlein actually predicted quite a few technological inventions via his stories. A good way to get your feet wet (so to speak), is ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Who Are You

♦Thundercat♦
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    No problem. Heinlein actually predicted quite a few technological inventions via his stories. A good way to get your feet wet (so to speak), is Heinlein's A Future History. It's a collection of short stories that all follow a common timeline/overall storyline.

*RS Leader*
    Member #
    Liked
    208 times
    Oh sure why not:

My real name is Joe and I like Metallica (as if you hadn't figured that out already)
    35 years old, wife married for 12 great years, and 2 kids Jake-5, and Beth-2
    Can't help myself from hacking everything that comes within feet of me.
    Electrician by trade but been laid-off for a while and feeling the economy crunch so I'm going back to school for computer networking.
    I'm sarcastic as hell, so if I'm helping you and I come off gruff, please know it's just me being a smartass and not me being a jerk.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    I'm copying Joe's format...

Nate
    2 Kids, 1 in the oven: 3.5 boy, 2.5 girl, and -4 month old boy
    Married for 7 years
    Almost 32, also love Metallica, but love me some blues and jazz as well, or any good piano
    CFP by day, techie at night
    Love long walks on the beach and... oh wait, wrong forum.

Is this going to morph into one of those "here's a picture of me as well!" threads?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
    Guidelines of Conduct

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    • My real name is Drew, 40 years old.
    • Married 12 years with 1 son, Nicholas, 14. Yes...I know it's backwards but that's the way it happens sometimes.
    • I'm a toll collector for the Pennsylvania Turnpike and work the midnight shift which gives me lots of time to mess with my phone!
    • I'm a big fan of movies, pop culture and all sorts of music. Metallica fan to the end, Tallica!!
    • I'm an NFL and Fantasy Football addict. Ran 2 leagues on the DroidX forums... will probably start at least one here in hopes of getting people involved.
    • Being from Pittsburgh I LOVE my hockey and football teams. Pirates are trying and I still have hopes for them
    • The Droid X was my first android phone, got it on launch day. I knew that sucker inside out. Hated to pass it down to my son but couldn't resist the Bolt.
    • I'm more than willing to help when I can so please don't be afraid to ask.
    • And I'm very much of the opinion RED should be the standard color for android instead of GREEN!!
    Last edited by chucklehead; 05-13-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    wicked likes this.

LG G2 :|: Galaxy S4 :|: Razr MAXX HD :|: Galaxy S3 :|: Galaxy Nexus :|: Droid 4 :|: Bionic :|: Thunderbolt :|: Droid X

Tbolt Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Is this going to morph into one of those "here's a picture of me as well!" threads?
    Oh man, no one ever looks like you would expect. That's always so weird.

Tbolt Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    So ill play...

Im Jason - hard to figure out i know.
    Born and raised new yorker
    31 years young
    Avid musician. guitar, bass, drums, piano and vocals.
    I write poetry
    Im also a car freak and love working on and racing cars, been doing it LONG before fast and furious. these days i dont get to the track as much as i like, becuase of work...current ride g37s 6mt.....im eyeing the new m5 for 2012
    I lived in miami for about 10 years before having to move back to nyc a year ago. i HATE HATE HATE Snow and the cold!
    Im a statistical analyst for a few companies in managed care.
    I love tech in all forms. i have a phone addication i kid u not i change them almost every 3 months. had by 1st beeper back in 94 and then cell back in 96
    Not married and no kids (that i know of )

Current side projects - im working on a tech blog called "everday man review" still in the planning stages and i think the name says it all.
    Short term goals- learning code for HTML5, WebGL and Java.

Oh yeah im like Tallica, scarastic as hell so please dont misinterpit my post from time to time.
    Last edited by J450N; 05-13-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    | Carrier: Verizon | Phone: HTC Thunderbolt |
    | Rom: Infected by BAMF Stripped 1.7 |

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    All in with a full house...

Mike here and I am am an IT Project Manager for a large public university. That's the
    job that pays the bills and my hobbies.

My other hats are Reserve Police Officer, Radiological Hazmat Tech for local EMA
    (both volunteer), amateur radio operator and storm spotter. I use my TB mounted
    in the windshield with USTREAM on while spotting severe weather and damage
    surveys with the EMA folks looking at it online. Kids are all grown and out of the
    house. It's just me, the wife, my two dachshunds, the outside cat, and my Morgan
    horse. I love the country life but I am only 4 miles from work at the University.
    Last edited by Esquire122; 05-13-2011 at 03:06 PM.

TBolt Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My name is Adam, I'm 35 y/o
    I live in Queens NY
    As you figured I'm a Paramedic for the FDNY for the last 11yrs, 19yrs in EMS all together.
    Tech lover and avid SCUBA diver. Currently training as SCUBA instructor.
    Married with no kids yet.
    Love my NY sports teams.
    Big Music fan.
    No filter in between brain and mouth so if think it I usually say it.
    Loving my Thunderbolt. It is my first Android phone. Can't keep a ROM on it longer then a week. Moved over from Blackberry.

TBolt Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My Name is Robert 45yrs young
    I have 2 children,girls 6 & 13 that I'm raising w/out a mom
    live in western north carolina
    as you can see I'm an ICP fan
    my hobbies are sportbike racing and scuba diving..which is why i live in WNC..the dragons tail in my back yard & the graveyard of the atlantic within reach
    and I'm a motorcycle tech...so that I can play using someone elses bike and gas
    this is my second android..and my first root.

Bolt Technician
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Wow, Sele is pronounced Sell, eh? I'm surprised to see people older than me on here, but that probably explains why everyone's so nice and helpful.
    Anyways, my name is Nick. I'm 27 and have been married for almost 5 years (I got married kinda young, but we've known each other for 15 years), I have a wonderful monster of a daughter; she's 15 months old and her name is Coraline.
    I currently work at Red Lobster as my college education is on hold. I'm an English major, but the bank that I got my loan from went under during the recession and now I owe the school money before I can start attending again. My wife has a degree in History, which lands her working at Red Lobster with me at the moment, lol.
    I've never been much of a tech person, but the thunderbolt has got me learning about smartphone and computer stuff almost obsessively. I Didn't know much about smartphones 6 months ago: now I know more than some of my friends who sell phones for VZW. I came from the original moto driod, but the delay on the thunderbolt is what caused me to do nonstop research about the phone and its specs (what else could I do while waiting)?
    I'm from South Central PA, close to Gettysburg and an hour north of Baltimore. I haven't found many other Keystone staters on the forum yet.
    Anyways, everyone on this forum is awesome. Ive already received help from Sele, Capt D, Driod Does, and Slim (to name a few). I thank you all for your tips and advice, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute more to the forum as I learn more. Of course, I'm still to afraid to root my phone, lol, but I'm slowly being convinced. Nice to meet all of you!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads